Intern: Level Design
Funkitron is seeking student game designers to build puzzle levels for a match-3 type game. Interns will help the puzzle team deliver quality content to a passionate player base and have the opportunity to explore other game development tasks.
- Design and balance new puzzle levels at a rapid pace without sacrificing quality.
- React to analytics to iterate and improve on existing content.
- Provide design suggestions based on qualitative playtesting and market research.
- Brainstorm new puzzle mechanics.
This is a remote position, so no commute--you can work from anywhere!
- A strong understanding of game design fundamentals.
- Past game dev experience on multiple student and personal projects.
- Must be able to work independently and pick up new tools with minimal supervision.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Current student or recent graduate in game design, programming, or related field.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
Preference to Applicants With:
- Experience making games in Unity.
- Prior programming/scripting experience.
- Experience designing puzzles, especially for a mobile game.
- Familiarity with the free-to-play casual games market.